Wednesday, May 18, 2011

विपस्सना

I did my first Vipassana during April 20 to May 1st. Vipassana is a pali word
which means – to see the things as they really are! It’s basically a meditation technique which takes you inward, to know who you really are and what, why and how you feel. The whole idea behind it is to free your mind from all the delusions and attachments of the life, because nothing is permanent.
I liked that it had a very logical way of making the student experience the law of impermanence. Although the routine of sitting for 10 hours every day can become a bit of a task, it’s amazing to see, feel and observe the things that come out of you during the meditation.
It’s amazing what silence brings!
My whole experience gave me few very important insights about who am I and why am I the way I am J but I don’t want to discuss my experience in detail here, because it will lead you to have assumptions and expectations about Vipassana before actually experiencing it. So, I am going to leave it for you to experience it!
I however want to write in detail about one of the realisation (a happy one!) which I experienced during the process.
Well, in theory I had heard about it thousands of time – You are the one who are both the creator as well as solver of your life’s problem. But during those 10 days, I really experienced it. It is so damn true that if we look at each of our life very closely, there are no problems...there is no sorrow; it is our perception of looking at a given situation which makes it a problem or a happy moment.
I cannot express in words the peace that I experience now, as I have learned to look at every situation with a perception of good, positive.  
Adopt a very simple mantra to live life – Be true to yourself, be good to others...it’s a small, sweet life we have been gifted by the all mighty, be grateful for everything and everyone...just spread as much as love as you can, to everyone...always !
Believe you me...although some would not confess it, there is no one, no one who does not like to be loved, so we have many people to love J!!
Happy LovingJ!
“Be the change you want to see in the world.”

2 comments:

  1. Amazing words Teju:)
    Loved it..totally !!!
    Our thoughts & priciples are very much similar:)
    God bless....
    Love xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. They indeed are...don't you something think that God must have made both of us from the same 'prototype' and decided to send you just six months after me, seeing that his first one was the success :-)!!

    Sairam

    Lots of love

    ReplyDelete