Thursday, July 12, 2012

Random Act of Kindness: Smile :-)

Couple of days ago, I was walking my way back after my usual fruits and vegetable shopping. While walking, I thought of taking rickshaw but then said to myself that it’s such a short distance and I should walk it. As I was walking I saw an elderly lady walking ahead of me. She must be in her fifties. From the way she was walking, I could make out that the bags she was carrying were quite heavy. I walked upto her and told her to let me carry her bag. At first she was shocked and asked WHY? I smiled and said because I can see that’s its heavy. I asked and she refused again said, this time a little surprise then shocked. I smiled a little more and said don’t worry, I won’t run away with your bag, let me carry it till the time we walk the same path. She smiled and gave me one of her bag.

We walked till the entrance of her complex and as we walked she continued smiling, more and more J



After I dropped her, I realized how she helped me walk through the road which I thought I did not wanted to take and almost made me forget the weight that I was carrying.

It’s bliss to have such an experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment