Tuesday, July 24, 2012

YES...INEQUALITY!!


Inequality – that’s on my mind since last few days. Every time I remember the villages that I recently visited where there is no electricity and then walk on the streets of Nariman Point with big neon lights, I am reminded of this inequality!!

Every time I open the tap to use the water or pay money & buy water, I am reminded of how people in the villages have to walk to fetch water!

Everytime I take a rickshaw or a taxi to cover a distance of couple of kms, I am reminded of children who have to walk this much to go to school. Every time I order food at a restaurant or buy vegetables from the market, I am reminded of farmer’s everyday struggle & how some of them succumb to it my committing suicides.

YES!! The inequality personifies and hits really hard on my face and goes deep within through my veins!!


And it makes me question, WHEN WILL WE WAKE UP??

Will we talk/act when we will have electricity less than 4 hours a day with mostly no electricity in the night?

Will we talk/act when our taps will no longer give water?

Will we talk when the shopping malls will have no vegetables to sell to us?

Will we talk when our kids will have no school to go to inspite of us having all the money in the world to pay for it?

OR We are waiting for something really bad to happen, to all of us, to humanity, which will make us realize the value of fellow human beings, make us look at them beyond status, appearance, caste, gender, creed, to make us realize that it doesn’t require lot of money to be compassionate & empathetic, to take out some time out of our race to win the battle of life for someone who has lost all the hopes before event the race has begun!!!

I think we as a society has gone passed the stage where a revolution can save us. For in a revolution, there is a leader, who leads a social change & there are followers who execute it!!

What we need is an individual rebellion, a rebellion which leads to inner transformation, awakening of conscious, awakening that human inside a business man, a doctor, an engineer, a student to an awareness which raises questions…

WHAT AM I WAITING FOR?
WHO WILL ACT IF NOT ME?
WHEN WILL I ACT, IF NOT NOW?

No comments:

Post a Comment